Monday, October 1, 2012

Liquid Lunch

Thunder Only Happens

So I was all ready to tell you all about this new diet that I've concocted, but I had this crazy dream last night. It was about how Kanye West had decided to execute a bunch of people. Like, 500 or so. I guess he was the ruler of...something. I don't remember. But I do remember that I was the only person who had the power to dissuade him from randomly executing a bunch of people for no reason. Very Weird....

Liquidy Goodness

On to the diet. So I have this friend who has been on a "cleanse" and has been documenting it on facebook. I'm not sure exactly which cleanse it is -- but I know it's not the Master Cleanse. It involved liquids and then adding proteins back in and stuff ... but here's the thing: she's lost a pound a day. And after seeing some unfortune photos of me walking away from the weekend, I've decided that I too want to lose at that tempo. But no juice fast for me. No Sir.

The Constraints of Budget

Juice fast require either a) a juicer or b) access to a company that provides the juice. Both of which I have no money for. Do you know how much a juicer costs? Jack Lalanne wants like, $119 for his. Or I could do the 'cheaper' $80 Hamilton Beach. Perhaps in some parts of the world that seems reasonable, but I need to buy about 6 juicers a month for the National Student Loan Centre, with just enough dough left over to save up for next month.

What I do have is a personal sized blender that I bought for $12 about a year or so ago. And a kitchen. So Here's my plan:

Wake-up: Hot Water with Lemon, 40 Minutes of Yoga.
Breakfast: Green Tea, Smoothie with fruit, veg, protein, and probotics.
Snack #1: Detox Water of lemon, cucumber, mint, Smoothie with fruit, veg, protein, and probotics.
Lunch: Green Tea, Smoothie with fruit, veg, protein, and probotics.
Snack #2: Detox Water of lemon, cucumber, mint, Smoothie with fruit, veg, protein, and probotics.
Dinner: Green Tea, Soup of Pureed Vegetables (carrot, leek, etc.).
Bedtime: 50 Minutes of Zumba followed by Mint Tea.

My reasoning is that I'll be able to do a cleanse without all the potential muscle loss of a juice fast. And with any luck I'll be able to rectify my insulin levels. I'll let you know how it all goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment