Monday, April 8, 2013

On Jurassic Park

So we went to see Jurassic Park 3D this weekend. It is crazy -- it's been twenty years since I saw the thing in theatre. I was 12 (you do the math) and I went with my whole. It was not a thing we did often, going to the theatre to spend $4 each on a movie. Sitting in those god awful uncomfortable chairs that were not stadium seating. It makes me feel so old remembering it. It was so scary at the time... I didn't sleep that night and my younger brother and sister had nightmares.

But the crazy part about everything is that even after all this time, I was still terrified. I hadn't seen the movie much, I suppose. In the past twenty years once in the theatre and then maybe once as a rental -- I really don't know. But knowing and not quite remembering made it all frightening. I don't know if it was the 3D however -- there was no t-rex popping out of the screen and for the most part I didn't really notice. Maybe it was more of the size. The small screen Jurassic Park was never really scary. But the big screen -- well, I guess it doesn't change after 20 years, stadium seating or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment