Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Camp NaNoWriMo Begins!

Hey everyone! Happy April! April means that it's time for a Nanowrimo event again! :)

Last year, I decided to participate in Camp Nanowrimo for the first time. I did it in July. This year, I am thinking of participating in both April and July.

In November, Nanowrimo is a month of trying to write a first draft of a novel of at least 50,000 words. In April and July, during the camp, you can pick your creative writing project (whether it be a collection of poetry, a script, or a novel) and you can pick your word count from 10,000 to 100,000 I think. Something like that.

For my purposes, I like to keep these camp sessions under the same guidelines as November: a novel draft of at least 50,000 words.

Why? You ask. Are you crazy? You ask. After all, three drafting marathons in a year is quite a lot.

But so far it's working for me. You see, I have more novel ideas than I have drafts at the moment. Maybe at one point, in a few years, I will have dried my idea well out, but when that happens, I would much rather have a pile of drafts that I can then revise and edit rather than having nothing at all. So for now, into the breech my friends. Join me in cranking out yet another novel draft! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment